How do you catch a cloud and pin it down.
for over a week now.
And....
those of you that know Nellie well,
will understand when I say
"WHERE DO YOU START????"
Our first girl!
Our first girl after 3 boys.
at 9 in the morning
at St. Marks Hospital
It wasn't until the next morning
when I was holding her
just staring at my little girl
that I noticed she had Red hair.
the "apple" of her Daddy's eye.
Nellie was a character.
To list a few...she
...spray painted the inside of her closet.
...drove Grandma Soelberg's station wagon
down the street and left it
when she was about 10.
(she fessed up years later)
...lied to the orthodontist
so he would take her braces off.
(she figured they were ready)
...left school a few times, unexcused.
(nothing compared to what the kids
do these days... huh!)
.....I won't go on.....
She brought "color" to our world.
There was never a bored moment
with Nellie around.
She loved to dance
She loved to wear make-up
(funny...she now wears the least of all of us)
And was really involved with her friends.
She always had (still does) SO MUCH ENERGY.
If she wanted something...
SHE WENT AFTER IT.
(and....still does)
She wanted to be a QUEEN
"VOILA"
She asked us if when she grew up
and had an alcohol problem,
would she have to go to
Raleigh Hills Hospital!
(remember those old commericials)
She's just plain fun to be around.
Her brothers love her dearly
...Creating a beautiful home
...Making shelves
...Creating works of art
for her walls and nooks and crannies
in her home.
of a picture I took of Nellie
when she was one.
She was asleep in a little rocking chair.
Every time Nell looked at the picture
she would cry.
We could never figure it out.
When she was finally old enough to tell us
she said that she thought she was "dead".
Oh.. it was soooo sad.
You should have heard us explain
that one to Nellie.
...being a great Mom
(we know you have to
"deal" sometimes Richard)
has taken up
PHOTOGRAPHY
just visit her blog.
for all of them.
(self proclaimed)
of that Rabbit!
Thanks for making life so fun
For all of us Nellie
You have been one of the greatest blessings
in my life.
I must a have "banked" a few points
in heaven
for when I put in for daughters
I was given one of the choicest.
... How do you hold a moonbeam
in your hand.
(I know... it's lame)
again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I love you Nell
I've said it a million times but I can't say it enough. I'm SO GLAD I got just one so I don't have to share her with anyone else! I'm such a 'malloust'!
ReplyDeleteI think I know who to have talk at my funeral.
ReplyDeleteThanks bestest mother (Rachel I know you are tisk, tisking my bestest) You make me sound better than I deserve. Love You Lots