Thursday, September 10, 2009

Carter takes the cake!

Carter turned ONE last Monday.
Now for our monthly birthday dinner...
we have a "special" tradition for our
"ONE YEAR OLD'S"
They get their very own cake!
We strip them down
Then let them have at it.
The previous 13 grandchildren
before Carter...
all had this opportunity.

We had anything from
"just sit in it"
"don't want to even touch it"
"Step in it"
"delicately pick at the icing"
I mean...
most of the time
the Mom's or Dad's would have to
take the little hands and show the babies
what they should do.
Still.... most of the time...
the babies had a problem with
really digging into the cake.


THEN CAME CARTER!
when Carter was let lose on his cake....
well...

"HEY...this cake is makin' me drool"
"I think I'll take a sniff first"
"I can't believe
they're gonna let me do this!"
"Somebody's gonna stop me soon.
I just know it!"
"So this is what they mean
when they say...
"You can mess in your cake,
and eat it too!"
"I just know I'm gonna
get in trouble for this!
"I'm outta here!"

We watched in amazement
as he "DISINTEGRATED"
the entire cake!
(The cousins just thought he was hilarious.)

SO...
thus far...
CARTER GETS THE ACADEMY AWARD
AND IS CROWNED
"THE CAKE KING"
I have a feeling
this is just the FIRST
of many many surprises
Carter is going to give us!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Grandma! Carter had a great birthday! Cake isn't the only thing that makes this boy drool. He just drools for fun and getting in trouble has never stopped him before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now THAT was a great play-by-play post..."chemishe"!! I can't believe he did that to his cake...Cake Crashin' Carter!

    ReplyDelete