These days I have Happy Feet.
However, this was not always so.
However, this was not always so.
that ultimately made my legs, back, shoulders and
pretty much over-all body hurt by the end of each day.
So....yes... of course this affected my mood.
Concerts would become almost unbearable, standing in one spot
for very long periods of time.
The shoes would get kicked off (inconspicuous of course)
Weight would get shifted from foot to foot in an effort to
temporairly relieve the pressure for moments at a time.
then I got smart.... after years and years of suffering,
I finally went to a PODIATRIST.
"DOC HALLIDAY"
(I know...sounds like a Gun Smoke episode)
One of the smartest things I've done in a long time...
and I'm not known to do very smart things.
This man... the "foot fairy" saved my life.
He said my feet roll when I walk
and press down on the nerve that runs from the achilles heel.
(not sure how to spell that word, but named after that famous warrior)
The Doc first wrapped the feet to condition for a week.
(that was a feat for the feet keeping them dry for a week...
I love to take baths)

Then molds had to be made
that the orthodics would be formed from

Then Voila .... MY OWN PERSONAL SET OF ORTHODICS!
My podiatrist was very kind
and said he would make mine very thin and sturdy
so I could wear them with stylish shoes
and attractive comfy choir shoes.
(still... no heels over 1 1/2 inches high)
I was told I would have to gradually get my feet accustomed to them.
day 1 - 1 hour / day 2 - 2 hours and so on
I put them in my shoes the first day...... 12 hours!!!
Yup... that's how it goes with me.
They work best with shoes that wrap your feet
(tennis shoes / loafers and etc.)
But I found if my shoes don't keep them in...
I wrap tape around them and they work just FAVULOUS!

They're just so GREAT!
I found I can even wear them with FLIP FLOPS...
yes FLIP FLOPS!
So now.... I have "Happy Feet"
Yeah.... still a few calouses, and a bone spur

two small bunnions
but they are so much happier than they used to be.
Concerts... no longer a problemo.
So.... if there is a lesson to be learned here.. for you out there...
DON'T WAIT THINKING IT WILL FIX ITSELF
Don't suffer the "AGONY OF DE FEET"
Get to your "local" Podiatrist.
These are actually a pair of one of my most comfortable shoes.
They are higher and flattering... however.... the toe part is thick
as well as the heal.... so your feet aren't at such a drastic angle.
and yes... I can tape on the Orthodics and off I go!
And to all you young "Fillies"
Take care of your feet....
Don't wear any heal over 1 1/2 or 2 inches tall
(I know they are STYLIN', FLATTERIN'
and make your legs look great, blah blah blah)
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!

for... YOU'LL BE SORRY.... it's just not worth it!
Now... if we can just figure out this Head!!!!
(all you migraine people know what I'm talkin' about)

ANY SUGGESTIONS?????
But for now...I'm loving my "HAPPY FEET"

for very long periods of time.
The shoes would get kicked off (inconspicuous of course)
Weight would get shifted from foot to foot in an effort to
temporairly relieve the pressure for moments at a time.
then I got smart.... after years and years of suffering,
I finally went to a PODIATRIST.
"DOC HALLIDAY"
(I know...sounds like a Gun Smoke episode)
One of the smartest things I've done in a long time...
and I'm not known to do very smart things.
This man... the "foot fairy" saved my life.
He said my feet roll when I walk
and press down on the nerve that runs from the achilles heel.
(not sure how to spell that word, but named after that famous warrior)
The Doc first wrapped the feet to condition for a week.
(that was a feat for the feet keeping them dry for a week...
I love to take baths)

Then molds had to be made
that the orthodics would be formed from
Then Voila .... MY OWN PERSONAL SET OF ORTHODICS!
My podiatrist was very kind
and said he would make mine very thin and sturdy
so I could wear them with stylish shoes
and attractive comfy choir shoes.
(still... no heels over 1 1/2 inches high)
day 1 - 1 hour / day 2 - 2 hours and so on
I put them in my shoes the first day...... 12 hours!!!
Yup... that's how it goes with me.
They work best with shoes that wrap your feet
(tennis shoes / loafers and etc.)
But I found if my shoes don't keep them in...
I wrap tape around them and they work just FAVULOUS!
They're just so GREAT!
yes FLIP FLOPS!
So now.... I have "Happy Feet"
Yeah.... still a few calouses, and a bone spur
two small bunnions
Concerts... no longer a problemo.
So.... if there is a lesson to be learned here.. for you out there...
DON'T WAIT THINKING IT WILL FIX ITSELF
Don't suffer the "AGONY OF DE FEET"
Get to your "local" Podiatrist.
These are actually a pair of one of my most comfortable shoes.
They are higher and flattering... however.... the toe part is thick
as well as the heal.... so your feet aren't at such a drastic angle.
And to all you young "Fillies"
Take care of your feet....
Don't wear any heal over 1 1/2 or 2 inches tall
(I know they are STYLIN', FLATTERIN'
and make your legs look great, blah blah blah)
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!
for... YOU'LL BE SORRY.... it's just not worth it!
Now... if we can just figure out this Head!!!!
(all you migraine people know what I'm talkin' about)
But for now...I'm loving my "HAPPY FEET"
I gotta tell ya...no one ties a prettier bow for happy feet than you! And happy feet they are!! Glad I gave up the high heels years ago. Nicer looking legs? Yes. Stylin' shoes? Yes. Happier Feet? Obviously not. Those heels are "kilers" on the little footsies. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteWish I would have read this before the jont to the Empire State Building in my heels :(
ReplyDelete