Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CALEB...Coming of Age

CALEB RICHARD MOURITSEN


Look at those eyes....
So fresh from heaven
You can see the angel in them!

It seems like just yesterday,
those very eyes were staring into mine.

"OH NO....
I'm at the age of accountability. Dang!"


Is that what this face is thinking, Caleb???

And what's this mischievious look
comin' from "the Mom"?
Just what's up her sleeve, Caleb?
Has she been looking in your ears
and finding neat things again?


And then there's the Dad.
You were named after this guy, Caleb!


You have just grown up so fast!
I think of the fun outings with cousin Tanner,
and eating at "chuck-a-grandma"



And I loved all the weekends that we spent together.
I loved that you loved to curl up between Grandpa and me
and fall asleep in Grandma's big feather bed.

And you loved to get my phone and take pictures...
of everything!
Especially yourself.

(self portrait)

I loved reading you stories before falling asleep.
Then you started reading me stories.

Now...
You are old enough to read from really great books!


Books that will help you grow
into a very wise, good young man.
And teach you how to live.

And this Saturday, Caleb
you will enter the waters of baptism...
And become a member
of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


CONGRATULATIONS CALEB
I am so proud of you!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Caleb on Saturday. What a fun thing to be invited to. He's going to make a FABULOUS mormon boy!! And now I know what he looked like when he was a baby. It's like I've just gotten onto another "subpsi" by reading another Grandma blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so Lucky to have such a special Grandma to share all of our precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the scriptures Grandma and Grandpa.
    We heard a "gumor" Caleb took them to church and put them to good use today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't "bearimm" to not be a commenter for this post. Love little Caleb...not so little anymore, sadly, but such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete