Sunday, April 19, 2009

"SIGNS OF SPRING"


IS IT SPRING OR NOT?

The Valentine tree was switched out to...


The Easter Tree.

We had a few consecutive days of warm weather.  
It's the middle of April.  It's the Easter month.  
So, we uncovered the patio furniture, fluffed up the pillows, windexed the table tops, shined up the outdoor kitchen and squirted off the patio.  

The Easter decorations had been up for over a month.  




We enjoyed our first dutch oven of the year, and our traditional Easter Egg hunt. 
 And yes... we were ready for spring.

During the frantic hunting, there were signs of spring everywhere.


The Cherry Blossoms were fluffy and fragrant.

The Water Fall and Rock garden showed coloring blossoms and baby buds excited for spring.
It was a wonderful day with the kids and grandkids. 
SPRING WAS HERE!

Then a couple of days later I awoke to THIS out of my kitchen window.


WHAT HAPPENED!!!
SHEESH
IS THIS SPRING OR NOT?
THE ANSWER IS DEFINITELY...

And this is why.
This past Saturday, we attended our first baseball game of the season. 
It was little Davids first T-ball game.


Loyal family fans were clustered in the bleachers cheering their "little sluggers" on.
The ball players were there learning the first fundamentals of the game, that some would be playing for many years to come, while others, this would be their first and only year of play.

But there was not the shadow of a doubt, 
all those little t-ballers had one and only one thing on their minds.
"WHEN DO THEY CRACK OUT THE TEAM TREATS!"


I MEAN REALLY, 
FOR WHAT OTHER REASON 
COULD YOU DRAG THEM TO A BASEBALL FIELD 
NEXT TO A REAL PARK 
WITH SWINGS AND SLIDES AND TRICKY BARS, 
AND EXPECT THEM TO STAY IN 
THE CONFINES OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE 
AND HIT A BALL OFF OF A FUNNY LOOKING RUBBER T 
- RUN AROUND A DIRT DIAMOND 3 OR 4 TIMES IN ONE HOUR!
AND IF THEY WERE REALLY LUCKY...
SEE A BALL COMING TOWARDS THEM
...LET'S SEE...
MAYBE THEY WILL GET IT AND THROW IT SOMEWHERE.  
IT'S SO DANG FUN WATCHING THESE LITTLE GUYS.


OLDER BROTHER AND SISTER "SPORTSTERS" 
WERE THERE SUPPORTING THEIR YOUNGER SIBLINGS, 
GLAD THEY WEREN'T BACK AT THAT LEVEL OF PLAY
...LET'S SEE...
I THINK I DISTINCTLY HEARD BEET SAY
"I AM GOING TO WORK WITH HIM."
YOU'RE THE GREATEST BEET!


Tiny siblings were just glad it was finally time to go home!
IT'S OK DOOTIE

One thing for certain
the first baseball game of the season
the true sign that
"SPRING REALLY IS HERE!"
WAY TO GO LIL' DAVID
YOU'RE A CHAMP!
Enjoy T-ball
(and remember...when the ball is sitting on the "T"
it cannot hit you.)
Grandkids...let grammy and papa know when all your games are.

4 comments:

  1. So you've gone and posted a blog all by your little ol' self!! I'm soooo darn proud of you!! Let's just say "Bolywe!" And as Mulan's sidekick Mushu would say...."My baby's all grow'd up and buildin' blogs!" Can't wait for your eezy-peezy-lemon-squeezy experience with pictures from your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, mudder. I wondered why there were baseballs on your template...now I get it. Wish I was there to take the kids to all of those fun games...better not think about it. It's just depressing. See you in a few...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wondered about the baseballs. Also...get it now. Why will Rachel see you in a few? Are you guys planning a party without me? What did you mean by "at least I comment on a new post"?
    I really hate that you can't see the word verification on your blog until after you comment. Is that so we'll comment twice? Anyway.... aside from all the questions, you really know how to throw a great shin dig! We all had fun (especially the kids) they are lucky to have such a creative Grandma.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yes.... Caleb's only motivation for any city recreational sport is the treats that are received at the end. Would you like some "keptsmuck" with your fries?

    ReplyDelete